Saturday, March 15, 2008

Live in a Former Masonic Hall


Google Books is a heck of a thing - I don't even remember what exactly I was searching for, but it led me to Proceedings of The Grand Lodge of the Most Ancient and Honorable Fraternity of Free and Accepted Masons of the Commonwealth Of Massachusetts, From March 9 - December 7, 1864.

I learned that there used to be a lodge in Northfield, where my family has had a summer cottage for about 100 years - Harmony Lodge, Chartered in 1796 (when M.W. Paul Revere was Grand Master). I don't know if this was the same Harmony Lodge that now exists in nearby Montague (also chartered in 1796), but when I went searching for more information about the lodge I learned that their former hall in Northfield, built ca. 1900, has apparently been turned into condominiums which are for sale.

(I borrowed the photo from the listing; too bad they don't have a better shot of the exterior.)

No comments: