Monday, June 9, 2008

Masons are Hip in Boston, too



Some of my Massachusetts Brethren are featured in a new Boston Herald article, Frat boys: Masons drum up members among Hub rockers.

As with the L.A. Times article which probably inspired it, the piece focuses on two things:
  1. Younger guys are joining the Masons
  2. They're actually cool young guys. With goatees, even.
The emphasis on the Masons-as-the-hip-new-thing met with some derision/consternation as it bounced from weblog to weblog in the online Masonic community, but personally I think these articles will reach the right people. As I said myself last June,
"While I am prepared to be among the youngest members of a lodge, I don't think I want to be the only young member."
I'm sure I'm not the only person out there who sat on the fence for a while, wondering if they would find other men who are of similar age AND to whom they could relate.

(Photo by John Wilcox)

No comments: