Tuesday, January 5, 2010

All Dressed Up

From the Onion: Man Unable To Wear Nice Clothes Without Everyone Asking Questions

I can't speak for other parts of the world, but here in north-central Massachusetts I get a lot of funny looks whenever I duck into a convenience store to grab something on my way to or from a lodge meeting, dressed in a suit.

People really just don't dress up for anything any more... when my wife and I made our first visit to our local UU church last year (my first visit to an organized church in a number of years), the high school kids were wearing jeans and logo sweatshirts. Adults asked, "Why are you all dressed up?"

It really blows peoples' minds when I'm wearing a tuxedo.

1 comment:

Tom Accuosti said...

Once in a while I'll pop into the grocery or convenience store in my tux. Just, you know, for laughs, because people always stare.